We carry many brands…
- OPI GELCOLOR GELISH
- OPI Axxium Soak off Lacquer
What is Soak-off Gel Polish?
Unlike a traditional nail polish, soak-off gel polish is painted on with a brush and each layer is “cured” under a UV light to dry. Soak-off Gels come in a wide array of colors.
What are the benefits?
- Dry time – The UV light dries the polish within minutes which means no dry time, no smudging, no dents. LED Lamps cure within 30 seconds…
- Long lasting – Soak-off Gel lasts from 2-3 weeks with no chipping.
- Less damaging – Unlike traditional enhancements you don’t have to fear the drills or filing down of your nails.
- Works on natural nails – While you can add length if you choose, Soak-off Gel Polish can be used over a natural nail like traditional polish.
- You can layer polish on top – If you want to change your color mid-manicure, you can. Paint right over Soak-Off Gel with regular nail polish and remove it with non-acetone remover.
What are the negatives?
- Cost – Soak-off Gel Polish can only be applied by a professional and the service is more costly than a traditional manicure. If you are really skilled, you can buy a UV light and gel polish online but it’s not a cheap set-up.
- Removal – While OPI & Shellac offers fill-ins, if you want to change your color, you must completely remove the gel polish every time. You can either pay to have the polish professionally removed (FREE with reapplication) or do the soak-off process (or to the MUA nail board “foil method”) at home. Soak a piece of cotton in acetone and then wrap the nail with aluminum foil. NOTE: When removing OPI AXXIUM SOAK-OFF you must remove the top coat shine first with a file to break the seal.
- Nail growth shows – If you choose a dark, solid color, by week two, growth will be very apparent. A clear application will show less growth.
- Time – Getting a Soak-off Gel manicure can take longer than a traditional manicure. Especially if you are getting gradation, pink & white or using a dark color. With the darker shades, you need quite a few coats to get it the right color.
Several brands make a soak-off product with a wide array of colors. The most talked about brands include CND Shellac & OPI Axxium. Newest to the market since Nov 2011 is OPI GELCOLOR….We’ve got ALL 3 Brands….. Axxium comes in 41 colors (WE HAVE THEM ALL) based on existing OPI polish shades including You Don’t Know Jacques, Russian Navy, I’m Not Really A Waitress, Lincoln Park After Dark and Bubble Bath. CND Shellac currently offers 24 colors of which we have all of them. And OPI GELCOLOR has 30 of OPI’s most POPULAR colors…We have these too….